Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well shucks.

Kryn just "noticed" that I hadn't updated my blog in a couple weeks, and what I had updated was virtually meaningless. I agree. In fact, for the longest time, I couldn't even think of a clever enough name for my blog. Kryn has VonGrinner for obvious reasons, Gregan's name is partly built from little geese, which sounds about right for him, I don't understand Jaron's, which is appropriate, and everyone else seems to have very well chosen blog titles. I don't even know who Phineas Jalyper is or where he came from, but I imagine he looks something like the above picture.

This is also kind of bad timing to update a blog, because blogs usually coincide with exciting things in people's lives - what with Panda polls, prestigious university acceptances, and the like. The most recent thing is probably my finishing my first semester at UVU, and more than likely my last. Everything I have accomplished in the time I have studied at UVU spells "do-over". I have discovered that school requires more than just being enrolled. And I think that discovery has really been worth it all.

I did manage to hang on to my major, which has been piano performance. I performed in the recital... and that's about all. There are certain things about the piano I certainly love, but majoring in it is a little too arduous for me. At the end of all your practicing, what have you gained? A couple more songs that you couldn't play before.

So the plan is a film scoring internship. I've already made friends with the film scoring "department" at UVU. (because there isn't really a department. Just a guy that goes cool places and meets cool people who score film.) Also, the LDS Motion Picture Studio has a few things I've written for a film my roommate made and they really liked it. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.

Well. In accordance with the latest fad in blogging, I shall now conclude with a ZANY picture and a link to a special preview.

7 comments:

  1. Well, Kryn used his family nickname, I used my El Salvador nickname, why don't you name your blog Chicken, or some other nickname you have used in the past?

    Good luck with school. Don't worry, pretty soon you'll be addicted to it, like me and Kryn, and maybe Tressa!


    ("Kryn's not mean!" --Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and Kryn would put me on your "forward this blog entry to mom's e-mail list!!" I didn't even know you had a blog!! The last time I checked, there was NUTHIN' here!! And I only learned Kryn's news about U Penn because I noticed a new posting from vongrinner on Damian's blog list.
    I do have to say you were the BOMB at the recital! I LOVE the Revolutionary Etude by Chopin and you were amazing... :)
    P.S. Gregan, thanks for "correcting" your grammar... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just checked my e-mail thing and you're on it mom. Check your junk mail. Also... how do I put a picture in the background like you have, Gregan? I've got just the right one, but I can't seem to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Phineas Jalyper! You could be related to some of your brothers, what with your naming ability and all. I did like the Ropes and Ladders into too. Also, put me on you automail list, please.

    Hug out, man,

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to know how to put a picture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I didn't know you even had a blog. Put me on your autolist!

    ReplyDelete