Monday, March 8, 2010

The Other Side, an online production.


The Other Side, the movie what I scored, is now online for your viewing pleasure. It's about 26 minutes long. The premiere at BYU had a bigger turnout than I thought. Maybe 70 people or so. They all really supported the cast and crew of the film and I thought it was neat how much recognition the film got, made with no budget to speak of, using only people's free hours to produce. I think it ultimately took about a year. I also didn't know I was being paid for it, so it accidentally represents my first paying job as a film composer! I watch it now, and I already hear things I wish I did differently. And that's kind of a good sign to me, because I remember as I was writing it how much I loved it. Now, not so much. Nonetheless, it was sure fun.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! My son the Film Scorer... :) Congrats, Keats! It will be fun to watch more projects materialize... 'Hope you get lots of great opportunities to hone your talent... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got paid? And here I am working for a living like a sucker! That's got to be a boon in marketing yourself, you know? You are now officially professional, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. That movie was less lets-make-a-movie-for-our-BYU-ward-FHE-ish than I thought it would be. That's a compliment. I was even persuaded to watch your friend's other movies. The marvin movie is pretty funny. Anyways, good music, good work all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! Carbon Dating is in fact pretty funny. I'm impressed you saw the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete