Monday, August 3, 2009

it's t"eye"me for an update!

Well, I've waited and waited for something interesting to surface so I could write about it, but I guess I'm just going to give an update instead, because nothing is really coming to mind.
For those of you who don't know, I have been on academic probation due to my lousy GPA, which was due to me dropping out of school, which was due to my immense lack of self-motivation.

And it's been great! I've had lots and lots of time to think about what I want to do and lots and lots of time to earn money. So then mother tells me that because I'm not a student, I don't qualify for health insurance anymore, which matters. I hear.

So I'm going back to UVU. They sent me an e-mail that tells me exactly how I can lift my academic probation, and boy, what an ordeal! I have to go to a "student success" class to prove that I'm not mentally handicapped, which lasts for a WHOLE HOUR! And that's it.

So after that I can register for classes again, and I think I'll be taking the following classes for fun:
• Screenplay 101
• Digital Painting
• Music Recording
• Introduction to Film
• Jujitsu (why not?)

And as non-productive as my last semester was, I must say I'm actually excited for this one. So excited that I even painted my first digital drawing (see below) with the help of a very useful youtube video.















Also, about an hour ago, I was heading to the bathroom, because I had to go number two really badly, and saw that the light was on. (it's only a one-person bathroom, with a ladies bathroom directly across.) So I knocked. And after a few seconds this guy in a suit walked out of the ladies restroom and straightened his tie and gave me this creepy smile.

3 comments:

  1. You are on the course for greatness. and not just eyeball greatness or creepy smile greatness. I mean the regular kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...I see great things in your future. Excitement is GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool. What program are you using? I've never actually heard the term "digital drawing" before, but I wish BYU had more hands-on classes like that (they probably do, but I didn't take them). What about Jujitsu? Film? Music recording? Your whole schedule is fun! Inform us!

    ReplyDelete